Re: Problem with file descriptors limit

Hello Aaron,

thank you for the sun´s link! I executed the code on my server, but it
returned de number 8189. :/ I used ldap user to execute it.

I really don´t understand why sometimes my slapd is reaching a "1024 open
files limit".

What do you think about the two links below? Can they help me?

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200510/msg00051.html
"Yes, you need to recompile slapd/daemon.c with an appropriate value
#define'd for FD_SETSIZE. You probably need to explicitly #undef it first
to remove the default value that glibc uses."

"env CPPFLAGS="-DOPENLDAP_FD_SETSIZE=8192" ./configure
will cause FD_SETSIZE to be set to 8192. "

Best Regards