switch from ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s to ldap_sasl_bind fails

I had code that used ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s that I just switched
to ldap_sasl_bind.

I switched because I wanted async binding with sasl (GSSAPI), and
ldap_sasl_bind seemed a lot simpler to use.

Now, though, whenever I use my new ldap_sasl_bind code I always get
back 49 (invalid credentials). Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

int msgid = 0;
struct berval cred;
cred.bv_len = 8;
cred.bv_val = "PASSWORD";

if ( ldap_sasl_bind( myldap, NULL, "GSSAPI", &cred, NULL, NULL, &msgid
) != 0 ) return -1;
if ( msgid == -1 ) return -1;

while ( 1 )
{
  // do ldap_result and ldap_first_message and ldap_parse_result stuff
  // i eventually get 49, invalid credentials. which ldap logging
shows is the case
  // log shows: "AcceptSecurityContext error", which ethereal verifies
}

Thanks, - Jeremiah inlovewithGod@gmail.com